9/02/2009

The Journey

Wow, where do I start.....I love when people compare their lives to a roller coaster ride, up and down, with unexpected curves. I love that analogy because it's so true, life does have the capability of giving you rough and good times. I would like to compare my/our life to an airplane ride. For you that know me, traveling is my drug of choice. I seriously get a high from experiencing new surroundings. I love trying new foods, talking to new people, and just getting out of my element for a while. Wow, talking about this wants me to plan another trip. Anyways, back to the metaphor, so the plane ride... The plane our family is on is a small commuter plane, there are horrible drops from extreme turbulence and then there are beautiful vistas as we look back at the storm clouds we have passed and move on to blue skies. At times the commuter plane gets a little claustrophobic, but yet feels cozy because our family is all together. After flying for what seems to be an eternity, we arrive to our destination. We are excited to be in this new place, and for the journey that lies ahead of us. Who knows what we'll experience in this new place, maybe it will be great, maybe it won't, but at least we can say that we are lucky to be in this new place and for the chance to learn all about it. I feel like my life is an ever changing plane ride, with so many destinations visited and so many destination yet to visit (i.e. marriage, new babies, health issues, new jobs, new home, new neighbors,etc.)

So to go along with my cute little metaphor(too cute), in my blog, I would like to focus and write about events that create vibrant memories in my life, and maybe even write about events that aren't so enjoyable, but have the ability to incubate character within me. So there, with that said I will start my personal journal via blog, but always censored and maybe embellished... of course!


No comments: