9/05/2009

The Price



So, to be quite frank and honest, I'm one of the very lucky few, I think 5% to 10% of the child bearing female population that gets a very bad, not so fun, case of the post baby madness. I will refrain from saying Post-partum depression because that sounds way to clinical and depressing(HE,HE) So when I found out almost three years ago that I was pregnant with my third, I cried and cried, I think I continued crying for 3 months. I was sick, fat(a good comparison would be an over-filled water balloon), and I seriously think I was the missing bird from the cuckoo nest.

After the delivery, I looked at this new precious infant, who by-the-way reminded me of Uncle Fester from the Adams Family(it was her long curly eyebrows), we won't tell her that, and decided I could do it. I left the hospital and immediately trimmed her long curling eyebrows(amazing a baby that needs her eyebrows trimmed), and decided that I would bucker down for a long ride, and believe me it was a long ride. The ride lasted for over a year, but ladies it did and does end, and I can say that I'm the happiest I have ever been and have been for a while. There is a fine line between sanity and insanity and I was walking that fine line. I can honestly say the one thing that caused my madness, was the very one thing that got me back. So for that Tessa I thank you and love you, and we will forever have a special bond.

*My cute neighbor from the old hood(you know who you are) if you read this, just wanted you to know that you're not the only one! Good luck, it will end!

2 comments:

thescotts said...

LOVE YOU ANNE!! I thank you for your sweet words and know that I am not the only "crazy" one! SO great to have love and support from others!

Heather and Dave said...

For the record-you were NOT an overfilled water balloon - and you make some darling babies...so I don't think you should stop :) Come on, get to work! Oh wait, is Garrett glued to the tv right now like Dave? That will take some creativity to pull him away ;)