9/11/2010

Annual Deucher Pioneer Day Camp-out (in the backyard)!




Big Boys played their own games!

Drew's "Red Rover" battle wound, I swear red rover is the most dangerous game around. Every round one of the kids was crying, from an almost dislocated arm, broken wrist, head bonks....etc. etc.



Last year Garrett was in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with the buddies so I braved this tradition by myself! All I can say is "disaster." Libby got the throw-ups in the middle of the night which threw my nephew into a panic attack, because of his fear of the barfs, so his Mom had to take him home. Tessa wouldn't go to sleep, so I fought her all night. In the morning I felt a sore throat coming on and later realized it was strep throat....miserable. The next night I had strep throat and Tessa got the throw-ups passed to her. I don't know about you but having strep throat and cleaning up vomit is not my idea of a good time! Needless to say, I had bad memories of the whole experience, and didn't sleepover this time, I left that job to Garrett. I must disclose that everything went well this year, and fun was had by everyone!

No comments: